How we tap into and especially add to our Resilience is an important topic to me.
Sometimes our resilience is eroded away day by day living if we are not adding to the resilience account on a frequent basis.
My memory, which used to be one of the skills I counted on, was proud of...and took for granted, has been fading. And sometimes it seems to have taken a good long walk...to where I have no idea.
So when I get a great idea, I don't want it to fade away or get lost.
Yesterday, I was driving in my car and had some good ideas that I didn't want to forget. I had a tape recorder with me. Really smart! It was in the back seat. Not so smart!
What to do?
My wonderful, wonderful brain suggested that I call my voice mail (I was wearing my headset and I have voice dial, cool) and speak the ideas that I could not write down and couldn't record any other way. I thanked my brilliant mind for being so creative.
And did just that.
In relating this story to my friend, Rachel, who is a Professional Nagger (pronagger.com), she asked what the ideas were.
And....I could not remember! ARGH! But not to worry, they are safely recorded on my voice mail. And I don't have to worry about not remembering anymore and feeling that my resilience, along with my memory, is ebbing away.
My resourcefulness (leaving a message on my voice mail) is actually enhancing my resilience. Way to go, brain! Another addition to the resilience account.
Now where did I leave that cell phone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your friend, the ProNagger, is smiling right now. You are both resilient and resourceful!
When you listen to that VM I hope you dish up the goodies. I've got to keep making deposits in my resilient bank account and need to know how.
Post a Comment