My Dad used to tell me to let the "slight edge" work for me and I would be successful.
The "slight edge" is easy to see in sports. For example, the difference between a consistent 200 hitter and a 300 hitter is only 1 more hit out of 10 at bats but it is worth millions of dollars. One more hit. Instead of hitting the ball twice, hit it 3 times. Just 1.
To make it work for me he would say "do just one more"....
- study 1 more hour
- exercise for 1 more set or segment
- do 1 more good deed
- laugh 1 more time
- make 1 more sales call
- sing 1 more song
- run or walk for 1 more block (or eventually, mile)
- dance 1 more dance
- read 1 more book
- learn 1 new thing abut your specialty
"Get in the habit of doing a little more each day and in no time at all this action will amount to the 'slight edge' that will make you successful and happy."
I just remembered that great advice from my Dad. I am starting now. I am passing it on to you and hoping it is 1 of my good deeds today.
-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment