Are the Mind and Brain different words for the same thing??
This is a great subject and should generate lots of ideas and opinions...and more posts!
My opinion is: I don't think so.
The glorious Brain with all of its amazing circuitry and neuropeptids and networks is kind of like the Hardware and the Mind is kind of like the Software. Ok, I know it is not a good analogy. But it's the best I've got at the moment.
For example, The Mind utilizes the capabilities of the Brain to create things that never existed....to see the end result 'in the Mind's Eye'...to imagine something that is not there and make it so. There were no 'neural networks' for that particular creation until the Mind began the process.
But here is part of the problem.
We have such a 'separatist' mentality that we want two very separate and distinct entities. I don't think that is how Mind/Brain is. They are very interwined. If you think of the Brain as an Energy machine and the Mind as an Energy Field and that they 'overlap' and interwine and even share energy, perhaps that is closer to what I am thinking.
What do you think??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sharon,
In my mind (ha! pun intended ;-)), the brain is an organ and our mind is our own self using that organ.
So yes, I think they are separate, yet connected.
Beth
www.onestoryatatime.blogspot.com
Post a Comment